Heritage Greece is a once in a lifetime opportunity to explore Greek heritage, culture and identity with a peer group of students from the US and Greece. Students learn language skills within the context of modern Greece and travel to important archaeological locations. Visits to an island and related sites and activities will facilitate strong connections with students’ Greek roots and identity. The Program is a gift from the National Hellenic Society to the selected candidates. The Heritage Greece experience continues beyond Greece as Heritage Greece alumni avail themselves of opportunities to develop professionally as part of the National Hellenic Society network and programs.
This exciting educational program includes:
- A once in a lifetime first-hand experience of Greek heritage, traditions and culture
- An experiential customized one-credit language and culture course
- Field trips and on-site teaching
- Recreational and educational excursions
- Modern, spacious housing at ACG
- Tuition, meals and transportation in Greece
- Classroom materials
- Enrolled undergraduate college students of Greek-American descent*
- Ages 18-26
- Never or seldom been to Greece
- GPA of 3.0 or above
* Greek American descent is defined as having one or more parents, grandparents or great grandparents born in Greece.